Keeping your eyes healthy can be made easier, by following these helpful tips for taking better care of your eyes:
- Regular Checkups: No matter if you use corrective lenses or not, getting your eyes examined once every year is recommended to make sure your eyes are in good health.
- Eat Healthy Food: Diets that include vegetables and fish and contain beta carotene, omega-3 gatty acids, among other important nutrients feed your eyes and help keep them healthy.
- Watch Your Screen Time: We’ve covered this before, but be mindful of your time in front of computer/phone/tablet/tv screens, especially in challenging light conditions.
- Avoid Smoke: Whether you need to quit smoking or start avoiding smokey situation, cigarette smoke increases the risk of eye disease.
- Keep Your Glasses and Contacts Clean: Keeping your contacts clean can help avoid infections and related issues, and keeping your glasses clean will lower eye stress.
- Wash Your Hands: Many infections and illnesses start with dirty fingers touching eyes. These can extend beyond your eyes, as well, so keep your hands clean.
If you have any questions about eye health, or options including laser surgery to improve your vision, call us at 702-304-9494, or fill out the form on this page. Dr. Jack Abrams, and the Abrams Eye Institute team are always glad to help.